Court Enforcement Advocacy from a Team You Can Trust

Laredo Court Enforcement Lawyer

Enforcing Court Orders in Texasgavel and book

A divorce is not only a major emotional undertaking, but it is also a major legal undertaking.
That means that after the divorce is finalized, both you and your former spouse will have legal responsibilities. If either of you fails to comply, a judge can compel you to.

If your former partner refuses to comply with a divorce order, the first step is to hire a qualified Laredo court enforcement lawyer to help you file a claim.

While many aspects of divorce have to do with relationships, two of them are enforceable by the court. These are finances and issues to do with the children.

Need help getting start? Contact us by calling (956) 476-3337 or schedule a consultation online!

Division of Property Enforcement in Laredo

When you are going through a divorce, you need a knowledgeable lawyer on your side. You need someone that can help you understand the legal steps of divorce and make sure you get the Laredo court enforcement that you deserve. When you get divorced, the court determines how the assets and debts are split between the two former partners.

It is then your responsibility to follow through on these orders - to sell things that need to be sold, fill out the necessary paperwork, and pay off debts. In some cases, people are confused about how they are supposed to comply with the divorce decree. If specific details are not outlined, and the two parties are in disagreement, they can request a clarifying order.

However, if your ex-spouse fails to do the things that they need to do, you can ask a judge to enforce the decree. You will need to do this within two years of the divorce. That is why it is vital to make sure you are timely in filing a suit if they have not sold property, refused to grant you your portion of shared assets, or failed to pay off debts. However, you do need to wait at least 30 days after the finalization of the divorce to file for enforcement.

If the ex-spouse does not comply with the court order, you can file for delivery of property. That means that the court will order the delivery of property.

If they do not comply with that order, the court can award you a money judgment. Finally, you could draft an order of contempt. Someone found in contempt of court can be ordered jail time or fines. Ultimately, you deserve your half of the property, and the court will do their part to make sure you receive it.

Need help getting start? Contact us by calling (956) 476-3337 or schedule a consultation online.

The Stories That Matter

Hear What Past Clients Have to Say
  • Truth, honor and professionalism

    “We are very satisfied, beyond any expectations of our representation in the courts by the Law Office Of Rudy Santos. He has brought justices to our family with truth, honor and professionalism. We ...”

    - Former Client
  • The Law Office of Rudy Santos is a law firm you can trust!

    “Rudy and his office provided excellent service, demonstrated professionalism and personal attention to all the details of my case.”

    - Gerardo J.
  • Thank you Santos law firm.

    “Without a shadow of a doubt, Rudy Santos is my guy.”

    - Michael M.
  • I am very happy I found this law firm.

    “This team is worth every penny, and I would recommend Rudy Santos and his team to anyone that needs the best legal representation available.”

    - Porfirio A.
  • Honest, trustworthy and very straight forward.

    “I would highly recommend Rudy to anyone seeking legal representation that is fair, honest, will keep your best interest at heart , and unique needs at the forefront.”

    - Victor F.